Anonymous asked: can a forum be put on the website so people at the con who don't have a facebook/tumblr/ect can share pictures and talk?
There is a forum. The link to it is the last link on the top bar just under “Con.” But here’s a link just in case you still have trouble spotting it.
grapefruitperfume asked: Hello! I have a question about the Anime Blues Got Talent auditions... on the website it says to send in the video with a form, but I can't figure out where to find the form, or who I'm supposed to send the video/form to. Sorry if you've already gotten a question like this!
All you have to do is hop over to AnimeBlues.com, look to the left menu, and click “Otaku Track Events.” The top event will be the AMV contest(submissions for which are closed) but the second event listed is the Otaku Got Talent event. Underneath the event description, you should find two links, the second of which is the entry form~ Hope this helped!
Anonymous asked: Hey I am going to the con and my dad said he had heard you have to be 18 and up this year to get in? I am 19 but my friend is only 17 does that mean she can not go?
Our con will never have this policy. Though there are certain events that require you to be 18 to get into.
Support Le Bonheur by buying a date with a cosplayer at the Anime Auction. We will have guys and girls. Characters and Lolitas. As well as one Todd Haberkorn.
After the auction, the winning auctioneers and their dates will be escorted across the street to Genghis Grill for your free lunch.
Pre-Odering Hotel and Tickets! Time is running out!
You’ve only got until May 15th to get the special con rate on your hotel room! As well as to pre-register for tickets! Remember, a 3 day pass will be $45 at the door!
biggeringmyobsession asked: okay do both people in the cosplay off have to be over 18? I am 19 but my partner is only 15. Is that a problem?
You MUST be over 18. No exceptions. No underaged partners on stage or underaged viewers in the audience. Every one will be carded at the door into the panel room and any one under 18 will not be allowed in. No way. No how.
For more rules and information on the cosplay off, go here.
1. All prop/weaponry must go through a security check. Security check-in will be located near registration. Peace-ties and check-in tape will be located here.
2. There will be no metallic weaponry allowed. Sword(s) that are peace-tied in it’s sheath will be allowed but must remain peace-tied for the entirety of the convention.
3. Any swords/weapons purchased in the dealer’s room must be immediately taken into room/car. Anyone caught unsheathing a weapon or seen swinging one may be warned once only before being escorted out of the convention or to person’s room.
4. Any prop gun cannot have ammo or able to shoot any projectiles. This also applies to water as ammo. (You do not have to break said weapon for the condition of this rule as long as there is no ammo present at the convention.)
5. Metal handcuffs are not allowed to hang freely from a person. No one is allowed to walk/run handcuffed to another person. This is dangerous to the person(s) with them on and the people around them. This also applies to chained collars. You are allowed to put on “cuffs” for photos but must immediately remove.
6. No play/act of fighting with weapons are allowed that may prove harmful to others. Photo poses are allowed but must not exceed photo use.
1. Con Goers must check in any prop(s) for inspection that is considered a weapon.
2. All weapon items bought in the dealers room must be put into buyers room or car after leaving dealer’s room.
3. No SELLING allowed except for dealers and artist alley.
4. 18+ Panel: No photos/video recordings are allowed. Breaking this agreement will result in loss of badge and deletion of photos/video.
5. Any guest attempting to cause harm to any other guest will be escorted out of the convention or have his/her badge confiscated.
6. Anyone found posing as staff/volunteers will be escorted out of the convention.
7. Stealing from the dealer’s room or any other merchandise type table will processed to the fullest extent of the law.
8. Dress Code: Person(s) found with improper dress attire will be sent for a change of outfit. *Improper dress attire is only detailed by indecent exposure.” *Proper cosplay outfits that are scantily clad is not considered indecent exposure*
9. *DO NOT CONSIDER DAMAGED ROOMS OR ITEMS IN ROOMS IN THE CARE OF ANIME BLUES CON. ALL DAMAGE REPORTS FOR HOTEL ROOM(S) WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CARETAKER, NOT ANIME BLUES CON.
equiusz asked: Hello! When will more info on events be posted? Also, are there guidelines for costumes? For instance, I'm cosplaying a troll (Equius) from Homestuck, and I wanna know if you guys have any sort of things about paint. Also, props? Will you post more about guidelines and rules?
the site is always being updated so you’ll just have to keep checking for updates. And the guide lines for costumes is only that you stay within TN nudity laws. No rules about body paint. And there will be a prop station for you to check your weapons near registration.
Also, do you mean post rules here or post rules on AnimeBlues.com? I could make a formal post about it if you like and/or I can mention a guide lines page to my superiors.
Anonymous asked: What are things that'll probably be sold at the con?
2012 Dealers Room Line Up
Animax - cosplay, ears, japanese snacks, rave products and anime products
Acme Comics- Fantasy T’s, Games, Dr Who and Sci-Fi Merchandise
Anime Palace- anime products
Beebe Tees & Things- T-shirts, anime products
Brix & Clix - anime merchandise: keychains, stickers, buttons, T-shirts, messenger bags, plushies & more!
Cartoon Passion- plushes, anime products
Dach Imports - Kimonos, swords, and martial art equipment
Discotek Media - Anime and live action Asian movies on DVD
Eric Toys - action figures and toys
Far East Emporium- Swords, Clothing, Hats, Goggles, Plushies, Wall Scrolls, Melon Pan
Home Circle Media - Japanese art and fan books, anime stationary supplies, figures, and more.
Imagine That Galleries - Jewelry & Art
Rancorhill Collectibles - Toys, Model Kits & more
Min’s Products - wigs and contacts
Posters, Manga & Comics- posters, $5 Manga Books, Incredible Grab Bags, Comics & Toys
Yuki Pearl- Jewelry, Figurines, Kimono, Grab Bags
West Gate Studios - professional artistic photography